Wednesday, April 30, 2008

olympicotting... let's get it started (ah-ha)

been thinking about this one for a while. in lieu of the farce that the torch ceremony has become--a real microcosm of this entire chinese olympic joke--we at Girthy are boycotting this year's summer olympics.

much more to come, with links, rationale, and impassioned/batshit diatribes, but this o-cott will include:
  • not watching the sham coverage that is slated to air live in EST, so the athletes can tee it up at 11pm china-time, or whatever
  • not buying the products of the shitass corpo-whore sponsors
  • not listening to my collection of jon tesh discs, tapes and vinyls
on the plus side, there's no women's curling--we couldn't 'cott that shit.

4 comments:

The Icepick said...

Curl Girls rule!!!

KC said...

Dude, I can't remember my google account, much less my password, much less the fucking things I need to log in and post. But I got a good one brewing... on feminism, and whores and the girls gone wild phenom that now defines young women, and how I am the new breed and ushering the coming 4th wave. Once I figure out that fucking password, oh, it's awwwwwwwwwwwn, bitches.

KC said...

Also, I really like gymnastics and plan to watch the games religiously...

KC said...

I also like to spout my feminist theories while wearing a "kiss me, I'm loaded" tee-shirt. But my mom bought that for me, so I digress, I guess.